Thursday, December 30, 2010

Before I Grew Up

Maybe something that you may not know about me is that since I was VERY young I have been writing poetry. I remember in 2nd grade, I was fascinated with describing stuff in stories. I remember in one story in 2nd grade I wrote "the tall tall green grass" instead of "grass" as most kids would say in their story. I was on the Literary Magazine in high school. I had poems published in my high school yearbook. I took poetry classes in high school and college. I have written 100's of poems over the years. At one point in my life, it was a way to meditate and zone out. It was my escape to my inner world. I thought I might put a few of my poems up on my blog(every once and a while), some I have written over the years. This poem I'm going to post first, is one of my favorites. I wrote it in college.

Before I Grew Up

Feet are bare,
I run
through cherry blossoms.
Hair
lashes my back
and the air smells
soft.
A breeze
brand-new,
grips my breath
carries it
to hidden fairy tales.
Sunlight echoes
through my ears,
I can only hear
the hollow sounds
of laughter
as it funnels
through my core.
Pupils painted glitter
sink into the whites
of my eyes.
They stare wildly
at nothing,
only dandelion fuzz
and Queen Mary's Lace.