Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2011...Looking Forward

2011...
This year I turn 38. I will attend my 20 year high school reunion. I will be married for 18 years. Since knowing that my 20 year reunion is approaching, it has really got me pondering and taking a good look back on my life thus far. My greatest joy in life is my family. I am so grateful I made the decision to be a stay at home mother. Staying at home with my children makes me feel pure joy and happiness. I feel I have accomplished much, and feel very proud with the route I decided to take with my life. What does the next 20 years have in store for me? I will most likely see my 2 oldest marry and have children. Do I go back to school and start a career? Maybe. I think that might be nice, once my children are grown.
What do I want to accomplish in 2011?
I would love to live in a new home. It's time for us to move on. Now that Mason has a career plan in place here in SLC, it's time to get settled into a bigger home.
I have been thinking a lot lately about "serving my fellow man". I know that when we die, we will be asked "what have you done to serve your fellow man?" I feel I don't do enough at all. I want to change this about myself. My patriarchal blessing stresses this to me over and over. I am feeling the push from within that this is something I must do.
I want 2011 to be a big year for me. I am looking forward with much gladness and eagerness. 2010 was a big year for our family. There was much prayer and pondering on which path to take in the many forks in the road. This year, I am looking for more personal growth. I have thought a lot lately about the atonement. I have realized that I don't repent and use the atonement as I should be. Christ suffered for all of my sins, and I realized "am I just letting him suffer for them for nothing"? He did suffer for them, and what a WASTE not to repent. This is something I would like to work on.
2011...Happy New Year

No comments: