Thursday, December 3, 2009

Time To Move On


Its been a long road... but I can say Clover is now weaned! It has been 4 days now with NO nursing. She is all sippy cups. For about a month I had her on sippys for the daytime. At first she fought it- she was so mad and threw a fit. I had to put cartoons on for her while I held her arms down and fed her the sippy (like a bottle). If I didn't hold her arms down she would throw it. After a week of this she got used to the fact that when she gets up she has a sippy and cartoons for a few minutes. I was not looking forward to giving up evening nursing and morning nursing. Clover loves to morning nurse. I bring her into my bed and she lays in between me and Mason, nurses, and a lot of times sleeps there for a while. It was a very comforting routine for her that she loved. Well 4 days ago I rocked her morning routine by pulling out the sippy cup. She THREW A FIT. But now she is used to it, and nursing is history. I'm doing ok too. I didn't get to sore. I feel a little sad, I really love nursing. But life moves on, time to move on.

No comments: